Sunday, October 7, 2012

Why Weight Watchers?

Honestly?  I need someone to say "dude, knock it off".

I graduated high school weighing about 110lbs.  A mixture of (needed) Ritalin and ballet classes almost every night made me eat as much as my guy friends who played football. When I went to college, I quit dancing, taking Ritalin and started drinking. Winning combo!!  I gained weight, but not bad. At some point in college I got a random golf injury.  My weight shot up to 150.  Then life happened, I met my husband blah blah 180. bam. Just like that.  Crap, 180?! that is my all time high, until I was pregnant, of course.

My weight got up to 217lbs when I was 36 weeks pregnant.  That was at my check in at the hospital when I was in labor.  I breastfed my kid and another (via pumping--another story to get into later). I was a member of weight watchers, went to the meetings and dropped weight like crazy.  Too bad I was still eating Big Macs! I was a dairy farm. I donated just over 5,000oz of breast milk over 6 months. Anyways, my little sister got married in July 2011 and I looked great (I'm not being a jerk, I really did. Way better then I looked at my own wedding!) Freaking sweet!  I started weaning in August 2011 and slowly the weight came back on.  I didn't change my eating habits right away so the weight started packing on quickly.  I've gained 30lbs since 2011.

I've done various exercise programs, tried using My Fitness Pal and blah blah.  Nothing worked.  I need accountability. I need the "we're in this together" thing.  Weight Watchers is expensive, but I need that kick start to my new healthy lifestyle.

So, that's why I chose weight watchers.

No comments:

Post a Comment