Thursday, October 25, 2012

Best.Balls.EVER.

Meatballs, that is.

So I have a slight Pinterest addiction.  Like, I have 20-some boards including "baby needs" "I want" "I want to make" "Pins I've tried" "dogs".  Seriously, too many.  Each board is barfing with pins I'll never look at again.

Oh well.  I'm a freaking crafty cooking cleaning working out biatch.

Anyways, I found a pin for what was called "best meatballs ever".  Everything on pinterest starts with "best" and ends with "ever" but these looked great, so i decided to "pin" the recipe.  When I decided i was going to make these best balls ever, as i call them, the website was flagged as "spam", but Jesus loves me and the recipe was in the description of the pin!

So, I have no idea whose recipe this is.  I'd love to give them credit, because these are good balls of meat!

Ingredients:
  • 1lb hamburger (I use as lean as i can get my hands on) (also, if you want to mix it up or are doing a double batch, add 1lb of sausage in, so good and a major crowd pleaser!)
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup of milk
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
  • 2 cup Panko or bread crumbs (I've made them both ways.  Both good, but I prefer the Panko!)
  • 1 small onion, minced
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1/2 teaspoon oregano
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • freshly ground peeper to taste
  • 1/4 minced fresh basil (never done this. who has fresh basil at this time of year?!)
Steps in getting the best balls ever: (These pictures are for a half-batch) There are always left overs for our family of three even with this half batch!!

     1. Beat egg(s) and milk in a small dish

     2. Put the egg/milk mixture in a bowl with all of the other ingredients. 
      3. Mix contents of the bowl completely with hands.
      4.  Spray the bottom of a baking dish with cooking spray.
      5.  Make golf ball size meat balls. Put them in the baking dish.
      6.  Preheat oven to 350.  (this is when I get the rest of my meal together.  We use Traditional Prego and don't dress it up at all.) 
       7. Bake best balls ever for 30 minutes.
       8. Serve!  I've not made these for anything other than spaghetti and meat balls, but they're pretty mulch-purposeful!

 Mouth watering?  Thought so.

1 comment: