Thursday, May 30, 2013

Baby Wipe Solution

So remember how a few months ago I posted about how I freaked out about all the chemicals in baby wipes and cut up a bunch of tshirts and decided to make my own? No, well Read this then.

I ran into a few problems with the wipes in the container. Turns out when the baby wipe companies put wipes into containers, they use a billion chemicals to make sure that they don't turn to mold or start to stink.

My wipes, however, do not have chemicals to prevent this, so we got some stinky wipes in the container.  I started making a wipe solution and putting it in a spray bottle.  I now spray my wipes (or my kid) with the solution. Problem solved.

Just wanted to give an update.

To remind you, my recipe:


Baby Wipe Solution

  • 2 Table Spoons Burt's Bees Baby Shampoo and Body Wash
  • 2 Tablespoons Liquid Coconut oil
  • 3 cups Distilled Water


2 comments:

  1. I use coconut oil for diaper rashes, eczema, etc but haven't come across liquid. Where do you find it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We got it at the local (in Michigan) health food store. Have you checked with Whole Foods in Indy? I'm sure if they don't have it, they can direct you where to find it!

    ReplyDelete