Thursday, May 30, 2013

Bug Spray

Deet is totally bad for you.  Which really stinks, because it is awesome at keeping bugs away.  Pinterest has all these awesome recipes for DIY bug spray, so I thought I should probably try one out.  When I went to my local health food store, they were out of whatever oil it was that I needed, but they had a recipe for a natural one there, so I decided to try it.  It's super easy and cheap!





Natural Bug Spray

  • 8oz Spray Bottle
  • 6oz Water
  • 2oz Witch Hazel 
  • 30-50 drops Citronella (the more you use, the stronger the scent)
Boom, that easy.

The three of us sat outside and watched our neighbors set off fireworks the night before Memorial day.  There were tons of mosquitoes out, they were flying around us a ton, but none landed on us.  Not one bite.  Awesome!

The only downside to this solution is that with any type of natural solution, you're going to have to use more and reapply.  This didn't bother my 2.5 year old because it doesn't stink, stink, and isn't sticky.  But, if that's a huge pain to you, it may not be worth it.

I'm a fan, but even better was that my husband was a fan.  That makes it a win.


1 comment:

  1. I am totally going to try this! Nothing pisses me off more than mosquito bites!

    I just happened across your blog (how did I get here?) and I have to say, I LOVE the name of it! When my son was about 18 months I caught him licking the wheel of his stroller. The sanitizing everything was over after that!

    Thanks for the tips!
    -Kristy
    http://mothering-me.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete