Tuesday, April 16, 2013

It Was One of Those Days

Ever since I became a mom tragedies seem worse. 9/11 was horrific. I remember crying and being so scared.  But yesterday was different. Maybe because I have more to loose? Because I have more to live for? Because I appreciate life more? 

All I know, is last night when I got home from work I couldn't wait to hold my 2.5 year old baby.  I couldn't wait to tell him how much I loved him.

Last night, we prayed at dinner for everyone in Boston and all of those hurt.  We found out there was a sweet little boy who died and so many other children hurt.  My heart aches for those kids and their families. 

He woke up at 3am and came in our bed to snuggle.  At 4am, he and I came out into the living room to play so his dad could get some sleep before he had to go to work all day. I was barley groggy, I definitely wasn't upset about being up with him.  We snuggled, I did some laundry and cleaned up the kitchen.  I spent time with my kid that I otherwise wouldn't have.  I am so tired today, but I'm thankful for those peaceful hours we got to spend together.  I'm thankful that I get to tell him I love him as much as I want to. I'm thankful for today.

I told my sweet boy that most of the people in the world were good, but that we needed to pray for the "bad" people too. He doesn't have a clue what I'm saying. I was probably more talking to myself, but he's a semi-good listener, so he got to hear it.

No comments:

Post a Comment