Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Cloth Diapers

Remember how I freaked out about all of the chemicals that I realized were in baby wipes?  My freakish-ness took it a step farther and switched the kid out of disposable diapers (sposises, as many "crunchy" mom's call them) and put him in cloth diapers.

I am in love.  The husband? Well, I can say that love is not what he feels for the cloth diapers, but he tolerates them.  The kid seems to like them!

A good friend of mine was ready to sell her cloth diapers (this is not a gross thing in the CD world, totally normal since the diapers can be cleaned and sanitized very well) and I took them off her hands.  It's been a learning experience, that's for sure!

We have a mix of BumGenius 3.0, BumGenius4.0, FuzziBunz One Size, FuzziBunz One Size Elite, Smart Bottoms Too Smart, and Smart Bottoms All-In-One (AIO).  I love having a variety of diapers! The Smart Bottoms are by far my favorite! They are super slim and perfect for a busy little guy. They have amazing inserts that are so super absorbent - perfect! Also, a second cousin (or something close to that) is the creator of this organic 100% made in America diaper brand! 

All of the diapers I have right now will fit babies from 8lbs to 35lbs.  B is 33lbs right now and has room to grow, but he has gotten tall and slim.  They may fit him a bit longer.

I make my own detergent. I have learned to strip diapers. I have asked a million annoying questions.  I had my dad install a poop sprayer in my bathroom and I have enjoyed almost every second--even with the messes--of cloth diapering so far!

This is my new awesome drying rack! I am in love! It works well for indoors, and will be great for outdoors once the rain stops an the sun decides to grace us with its rays!  Sunning diapers is a good way to get stains (yes, poop stains) out that do not completely come out with cloth diaper detergent.  The sun also is another way to kill any germs left over from the wash. 


No comments:

Post a Comment