Thursday, April 18, 2013

Gumpy Waddler

This morning started out like every Thursday morning.  The boy and I got ready (super fast, because of course we didn't move fast enough) and headed to church for my Women's Bible study and his play time.  I love Thursday mornings with the women from our church. It's always a great way to start the day!

On our way home, we hit some pretty flooded streets.  Thankfully, I only had to cross one and there were police officers there. The water only came up 1/2 way up my tires, so I felt pretty okay about driving through it.  All of this rain plus the thunderstorm/sever weather/tornado watches and warnings stressed me out and had me pretty distracted in bible study. 

So, I did what I do when there are storms. I had a minor freak out, sort of like this and maybe even this, too.  I went down in the basement and got the "baby closet" which held all of the baby gear that we haven't used in over a year and a half (ya know, because we don't have a baby) and got the baby gear out (ya know, because we will have a baby in 20 weeks). 

I made the baby gear closet into a storm closet.  Okay, I didn't. And that is because I got side tracked and took pictures of the baby gear that I didn't use and decided i would sell them on a Facebook garage sale site or Craigslist. I'm sure next time we have a sever weather alert I will finish that project. Even if I don't, we can go in there and grab the crib mattress which is down there. Win? yep.

I did something dumb today, I didn't take my 2 hour nap.  Yes, I still nap every day.  If I don't nap, I get grumpy around 7pm. I decided that I would post pictures, descriptions, and prices of baby things on a few Facebook garage sale sites instead of napping.  By the time I was all "holy crap, I better go to sleep rightthissecondoriwontgettonap!" the kid woke up.

Kid woke up in a good mood though, so that is a plus. I hate when he wakes up on the wrong side of the Corvette bed. We ran a few quick errands, came back home, did some crap around the house, then that awesome part of the day happened: My husband came home.  Doesn't the house feel so much more lively with your husband home? I love it!

I made dinner (breakfast--always a great idea!) and then it happened.  I was walking from the kitchen to the table and I felt it.  I took a few more steps.  Yep. I was waddling.  I'm only 20 weeks! Why is this happening?! Am I being punished for not napping?

So, I'm grumpy and waddling = grumpy waddler.


My guys are pretty darn fun though. I love listening to them while I'm being grumpy in our room or while I'm soaking in the tub.  The little girl makes me pretty happy, too.  She moves a whole lot more than her brother did at 20 weeks.  She's a strong little lady!

No comments:

Post a Comment